16 dezembro, 2013

Chanel | Cruise 2014

Before Chanel's last collection as Métiers D'Art in Dallas (wich I will talk about later...), weeks ago this time in Singapore, Karl presented the Cruise collection for 2014.

Karl presented a collection not to be called pre-collection, because is as vast and various as any other ready-to-wear collection. This one with the spirit of Resort were spoted in Singapore. Why? The label has six stores there, and counting... So the business have to roll, and that made Lagerfeld added some local culture to the collection. 
He 'reinvented the details'...


"I like to travel, but not as a tourist. When I travel, it’s work," he said."What I hate most is to feel isolated."

About the fact that he wasn’t interested in designing a studied themed-show for the occasion...
"I research with instinct. There are vague impressions of this part of the world only—except for one thing. I came across a photograph from the 1880s of a local fisherman wearing a four-pocket jacket and wide pants. Really quite Chanel, no?"


This were some of my favourite looks from the Runway...
I can see a more 'brilliant', young and creative Chanel, than ever before.


After the show, were presented the new short-film called 'Once Upon a Time...' starring Keira Knightley, Clotilde Hesme, and a “family” of Chanel models and friends. It imagines the scene as Gabrielle Chanel tries to sell her first collections...
You can whatch it 'here'

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário